home icon

Professor Pat Cryer: Contact details

Before making contact

Please note that professional etiquette and time prevent me from responding to queries about students' personal and research problems. These should be referred in the first instance to supervisors* and then, if necessary, to staff with designated institutional or departmental responsibilities for student care. The institution's student union and the National Postgraduate Committee may also be able to help.

I am always pleased to talk to management about the training/enhancement of their supervisors which has been a particular focus of mine in recent years, but I no longer run training. Please do not ask me to.

Information about my professional activities and a short cv is on this website.


The following email address needs to be retyped because the electronic link has been removed to avoid spam.


© Pat Cryer

* 'Supervisor' is a shorthand for 'research degree supervisor', 'advisor' or 'tutor', and applies to varying extents for all research degrees: PhD, DPhil. MPhil, Prof Doc and even undergraduate and masters' projects. In some countries, notably the USA, a 'supervisor' is known as an 'advisor'.